An abode dedicated to the tedious fails of video games.
Complimentary side-orders of pessimism with every meal!

Thursday 15 April 2010

Modern Whorefare

Is this the cruel life we must live? Oh, Modern Warfare, how I hate you so. Mainly because you have achieved what I have not, and most likely will not, in my life: mass popularity, mass revenue and mass popularity...again. The other reason I hate you is because pretty much EVERYONE fails to understand that without the Holy Grail of the multiplayer, you are just a decent shooter.

I will willingly admit I only have the first MW and therefore can only speak about that game from personal experience but, boy, this whole soon-to-completely-remove-the-Call-Of-Duty-name franchise is way overrated. After playing through the "epic" campaign many a time and having my fair share of the competitive matches, I am now actually bored with them.

*sigh* Maybe it's because I am a non-Prestiger with a rank of 40-something but I don't see the point of anyone getting so worked up on reaching the level cap, I mean, when you get there...what happens next? You don't get to convert your KDR to real money or unlock new friends at college since you'll probably end up like that douchebag from Reckless Tortuga's The Online Gamer or that other one from YouTube.

I'm not saying I want the franchise to die (*cough*) but I would like for it to at least lose the title of  "King of FPS" because it isn't...it's more the concubine.

Hell, in that case I might as well blame this game and Infinity Ward for AIDS.

[Image: http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2010/2/20/634022761330067930-CallofBooty.jpg]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think please.
Suggestions for next topic are always welcome! =]