An abode dedicated to the tedious fails of video games.
Complimentary side-orders of pessimism with every meal!

Friday 16 April 2010

Plati--RAGE

Did you know it was only a few days ago I successfully earned my first ever PlayStation 3 Platinum trophy from Resident Evil 5? I was shocked for a few reasons: firstly, I always thought the Slayers-related trophies were needed for the Platinum's requirements. And me usually getting a C and the odd-B never thought it was possible to achieve the stated tasks so I pretty much lost all hope. Secondly, it was only when I survived that damn Jill fight at 1:30 a.m. on professional mode, I had completed all chapters and realised it was only the CAMPAIGN trophies required. And thirdly...I just never believed I was good enough.

So anyway, the point of this article was to complain on the grind of collecting all the trophies (which I now believe to only include non-online ones) to come across at least a single trophy that hinders your progress through the gaming ranks. I gurantee if you're playing a proper game, there is always gonna be a trophy pretty much impossible to achieve without some seeeerious effort. Usually it's along the lines of  "Finish the game in Crushing Mode" (Uncharted 2: Among Thieves) or "Complete all challenges in the game" (Bionic Commando).

Basically, if you want your Platinum trophies be prepared to get butt-raped again and again for days...

...by a midget in a bikini.

[Image: http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/user/1/17189-130475-RageFace2png-620x.jpg]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think please.
Suggestions for next topic are always welcome! =]